Release Notes for Payway 4.6¶
Target Audience: Users, Developers, Stakeholders
New features - PAP¶
- Added the functionality to convert a customer's account into a company account (and vice-versa).
- This will allow you to set company-related information on an account and consider it a company account.
- Furthermore, company accounts can also be converted back to a personal account, if needed.
Issues fixed - PAP¶
- Issue fixed where the customer free-text search could not be used to find customers via their full SSN.
- Issue fixed where the customer free-text search would not always return all results, when searching by their full name.
- Issue fixed where package- and campaign tags that did not exist could be added, only to result in an error message.
- Issue fixed where Tulo Distribution would be automatically enabled, if the distribution method or address were changed.
Changes - PAP¶
- The column sorting functionality is no longer accessible for columns where there are double dates, as this quickly becomes a confusing experience.
- Added a direct link to your Tulo Shop-page when listing your marketplaces (under a given marketplace group). Previously we have only displayed a link to the older M3 marketplaces.
- Only applicable to those using Tulo Shop.
- "Campaign groups" (also called Ranked campaign groups) have been renamed "Campaign ladders" within PAP & Payway Docs.
- Note: The Swedish and Finnish translations for these groups are unmodified.
Changes - PCP¶
- Global self-service links will now also display under each subscription in the customer's subscription list.
Issues fixed - PARP¶
- Issue fixed where there would be some missing invoice information for Adyen - Klarna renewals.
Issues fixed - Payway API¶
- Issue fixed where the eligible_for_campaign endpoint would return a 500 Internal Server Error if a package code was given.
- Issue fixed where the payment_methods endpoint for Adyen would return a 500 Internal Server Error, if a
period_idwas given that did not match an Adyen payment period.
Changes - Payway API¶
- Added an additional
short_descriptionfield to the Create Campaign API.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the renewal date of a subscription could be set in the past, resulting in several payment errors.
- PAP: Issue fixed where remnants of a flex campaign bug were causing some payments to fail. Affected organisations have been contacted and the issue has been resolved.
- PCP: Issue fixed where campaign-based subscriptions could not be shared, even if they had a configured sharing configuration.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where the
cheapest_price_periodcalculated in the Marketing API would be incorrect, if the price between two periods were extremely similar.
- PAP: When upgrading or downgrading the package of a customer, we will now automatically select the most compatible period for you. Don't worry, you can still select your own period if you want to!
- PAP: Clarified that a customer will retain access for a cancelled subscription, until the given subscription is actually deactivated. Previously there have been cases where it's easy to mix things up, and get the idea that the customer currently has no access at all.
- PAP: Added the underlying
nameto the payment options in your Adyen Payment Provider Configuration(s). This should hopefully make it easier to identify which payment option is which between Payway and API responses/requests.
- PAP: Changed the sorting order on the package- and campaign overviews, making for more logical/readable tables.
- PAP: Moved the "View all products", "View all messages", "View all sharings" button to a position where it is far more accessible.
- PCP: When sending a
returnUrlto the request password reset page, this link will also now be used on the "Back" button (for example, if the customer decides to not reset their password after all).
- PAP: Added a highlight-feature to the customer service search. When searching for a customer, we will now highlight the part we found a customer on, given your search term.
- For example, if you search for "Adeprimo" and you find a customer named "Adeprimo Payway", "Adeprimo" would be highlighted.
- PAP: Added an immediate search-feature to the email, customer number and social security number fields of a customer, when searching for a customer.
- This means you can, for example, select "Email" in the customer service search, type in an exact email, and you will be automatically redirected if a customer with that exact email is found.
- Don't worry, though! You can still select "Free text search" and search exactly as before, if you wish!
- PAP: Added a information section when editing a Package, explaining where the package is currently used/configured. This will help you identify where a package is used, by simply going to the package itself.
- PAP: Added a information section when editing a Campaign, explaining where the campaign is currently used/configured. This will help you identify where a campaign is used, by simply going to the campaign itself.
- PAP: Added an additional page when selecting "Create a campaign" from the Campaign overview. Instead of being thrown back to the package overview and expecting you know what to do (and/or wasting your time), you will now be able to select which (active) package you want to create a campaign for immediately.
- PAP: Issue fixed where package downgrades and package changes could not be performed for Adyen and Klarna Payments, if the titles did not match (even if they were on the same payment provider configuration).
- PAP: Issue fixed where campaigns would not load into the campaign list, when configuring a Ranked Campaign Group.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the subscription overview would result in a timeout, if the account was sitting on a large amount of package sharings.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where an attempt to update your credit card would sometimes fail, if an order had already been placed using the new credit card.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where flex campaign price descriptions retrieved via our Marketing API would be incorrect.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where some Klarna Payment endpoints would fail (and return a 500 Internal Server Error) for flex campaigns.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where the markdown transformation for HTML link attributes would not transform correctly.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where the available_product_changes endpoint would not take subscription systems into consideration when deciding if a upgrade is allowed or not.
- PAP: Tweaked the customer service invoice search, now allowing crediting invoices to be found based on their payment reference.
- PAP: Added additional columns to the Accounting Records overview, to easier get an idea of which record is which.
- PAP: Minor visual changes to the payment period view for Packages & Campaigns.
- PCP: Tweaked the purchase flow to make it more apparent/clear whether the product is currently being sold including or excluding VAT.
- Payway Docs: Overhauled the general experience and color scheme of our docs.
- PAP: Added a warning text/label to the subscription overview of a customer, if the payment due date of the invoice is soon expiring (or has already expired).
- Applicable to Billecta subscriptions only.
- PCP: Implemented support for the
OFFER_CLOSEDAdyen webhook. This means that abandoned purchase sessions (through Adyen) will now be handled appropriately. You can read more about the effects and implications of the webhook here.
- PCP: Implemented support for the
InvoiceActionAttestedBillecta webhook. This means that we will now attempt to rescue Billecta payments that might fail due to a server-side timeout.
- PAP: Issue fixed where package upgrades would incorrectly allow you to select 0-price periods (0kr, or 0€).
- PAP: Issue fixed where package upgrades would pre-selected the incorrect title, allowing no upgrades to be made.
- PAP: Issue fixed where saving marketplaces, without explicitly uploading a new image, would remove the image.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the performance of the Marketplace V5 API would greatly suffer if a large amount of products were selected for a marketplace.
- PAP: Issue fixed where multiple tables would fail to display in the Safari-browser.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the text of the "Enabled"-property when editing a payment period would act strange for Finnish organisations.
- PAP: Issue fixed where Campaign gift rules would sometimes not work for those who paid with VismaPay.
- PAP: Issue fixed where resolved or in-progress Helpdesk messages could not be opened.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the name of a customer in Kayak would be overwritten, if the
namefield was left empty in the activation flow.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where the
package_change_completedevent would never fire, if the initial payment for the new product failed.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where we would attempt to export upgrades for products without an integration code, resulting in incorrect export errors.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where the Campaign API would sometimes result in a 500 Internal Server Error.
- PAP: Added more useful information when receiving a "Invoice is missing in Payway" helpdesk message, generated from unhandled Billecta payments.
- PAP: Extended the functionality of the package- and campaign based age validation. While setting up the validation, you can now select whether the post-purchase validation should trigger immediately, or at the end of the purchased period. You can read more about this option here.
- PAP: Added a new and fancy home page! When logging in to the PAP, you will now be greeted by a news feed. These news will surround what is new (and what is coming) to the World of Tulo (including Payway). Be sure to check back every so often, as news are being worked on and published almost all the time. And don't worry, your "Customer service" section is still exactly where you left it.
- PAP: Added a new feature to be able to purge the cache from your Tulo Shop. If you are using the newly introduced Tulo Shop concept and have made changes to your marketplace, these changes will be cached and will not be immediately available. This can now, however, be remedied by purging the cache on a Marketplace or HTML Widget basis.
- PAP: Issue fixed where delivery- and billing addresses would result in an error page instead of an error message, if an incorrect address was given.
- PCP: Issue fixed where required user agreements would not have the asterisk (*) symbol next to them (but still validate that they were checked).
- PCP: Issue fixed where some Finnish zip-codes were not supported for purchases.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the expiration date for credit cards would display one month late.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where double price descriptions would sometimes show up under the subscription overview of a customer.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where the price description, describing how a campaign would transition, would sometimes be incorrect and calculate based on an inactive period.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where the Ranked Campaign Group API would sometimes return an internal server error, if an incorrect product code was given.
- PAP: Added the option to use either 12 or 13 month periodization for Billecta subscriptions.
- PAP: Improved the general user experience when viewing helpdesk messages, now allowing each column to be sorted by ascending/descending values.
- PAP: Improved the general user experience when viewing a customer, including but not limited to:
- Added the number of shares to the subscription overview.
- Added the relevant order-id to the subscription overview.
- PAP: Improved the general user experience when editing payment periods for packages and campaigns:
- Columns can now be sorted in ascending/descending order.
- Enabled and disabled periods have been separated into two separate tables.
- PAP: Subscriptions can no longer be upgraded to a different title than the one the subscription is based on.
- Payway API: Subscriptions can no longer be upgraded via the Change Product to a different title than the one the subscription is based on.
- Payway API: Orders for products without an integration code can now be created via the Me Order V1 API, as long as it is Tulo provisioned.
- Payway API: Added
company_nameto the Account API Update Account endpoint.
- PAP: Extended the feature to be able to select a specified payment period when performing an upgrade/downgrade for a subscription, previously only allowing this for package changes.
- PAP: Added the feature to deactivate an existing API-user.
- Newly created API-users will automatically be enabled.
- Enabled and disabled API-users are listed under separate tabs.
- Payway API: Introduced a User Agreement API V3, which will allow you to use configured user agreements, both via Payway Markdown and HTML Markup.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the payment option validation for Flex Campaigns would execute for all campaigns.
- PAP: Issue fixed where subscription intermissions could not be handled without experiencing an "Oops"-error page.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the continue button after registering a new account would lead to an "Oops"-error page, if a
returnUrlwas not supplied.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the continue button after completing an order would lead to an "Oops"-error page, if a
returnUrlwas not supplied.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the price description for Flex campaigns would sometimes be incorrect.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where the
export_cancelled_user_productevent would not be fired towards Kayak for campaign-based subscriptions.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where upgrades/downgrades could be performed between different payment options via the Account API.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where multiple campaigns with the same integration code could be created via the Campaigns API
- PAP: Expanded upon the information given on the subscription view of a customer, now informing about whether the subscription has an active autopay error.
- PAP: Issue fixed where creating a Billecta subscription on behalf of a customer, without a given address, would result in an error page.
- PAP: Issue fixed where creating a Billecta subscription on behalf of a customer, without a given intermediator, would result in an unexpected error.
- PAP: Issue fixed where Adyen Mobile Pay subscriptions would not deactivate if the payment failed post-purchase.
- PAP: Issue fixed where we would sometimes present a broken view when trying to edit the field configuration for a package and/or campaign.
- Payway API: Improved error handling for the create order endpoint.
- Payway API: Improved error handling for the change product endpoint, as it previously did not take the provision service of the subscription into consideration.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the image on Marketplace and Marketplace groups could not be deleted.
- PAP: Issue fixed where payment periods for flex campaigns could not be edited.
- PAP: Issue fixed where Klarna Payments-orders could not be opened in the customer area.
- PCP: Issue fixed where incorrect events would be fired when a Gift Voucher was purchased.
- PCP: Issue fixed where redeemed Gift Vouchers would export to Kayak, with the account of the sender (instead of the receiver).
- PCP: Issue fixed where redeemed Gift Vouchers based on a campaign would (incorrectly) never be exported to Kayak.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where the /available_product_changes endpoint would raise an unexpected error for gift subscriptions.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where product changes could be performed via our API between payment methods, without any further questions asked on our end.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where the transition between summer and winter time would cause some renewals to happen too soon.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where free subscriptions that were deactivated would (incorrectly) not be exported to Kayak.
- PAP: Improved error handling when attempting to add a customer number to an account, if the customer number is already in use.
- PAP: Added a new state to offline payment periods (
failure_to_pay), which will describe periods where the customer failed to pay.
- PAP: The customer service role (and above) can now delete accounts (previously the admin role was required).
- PAP: Added the functionality to deactivate purchased gift vouchers in the customer area, which will render the voucher useless.
- PAP: Issue fixed where an account could be incorrectly re-activated/inactivated multiple times if the page was reloaded directly after.
- PAP: Issue fixed when registering paid amounts for some payment methods.
- PAP: Issue fixed where flex campaign payment periods could sometimes not be created without an underlying 1-month period with the same payment option.
- PAP: Issue fixed where deactivated subscription-exports to Kayak would fail, if the product of the parent order no longer has a integration code.
- PAP: Issue fixed where order details could not be opened if the subscription belonging to the order was not yet created.
- PCP: Issue fixed where double purchases could be made using Adyen, if the final purchase button was clicked multiple times.
- For those using Adyen Checkout, we strongly recommend you to implement this fix in your own implementation as well. Read more here.
- PCP: Issue fixed where flex campaigns would sometimes display an incorrect price for the final step, if the final step was set up as "Recurring month".
- PAP: Subscriptions that automatically deactivate due to age validation will now deactivate immediately (instead of at period end) for free subscriptions.
- PAP: Voucher codes will no longer be generated with the following characters: o, O, i, I, l
- PAP: All title-lists now include both the name and title code for easier readability.
- PAP: Billecta autogiro and e-invoice orders are now set up using account payment profiles.
- Payway API: The cheapest price period calculated in the Marketing APIs will now prioritise periods of shorter length, if there would be multiple periods resulting in the same price.
- PAP: Adyen Shopper statement now supports custom message variables. Read more about these variables here.
- Payway API: New endpoint allowing you to fetch the current administrators of the organisation. Read more here.
- Payway API: Change product-endpoint now available in the Account API.
- New parameter introduced (
default_behaviour) which will allow you to either perform a package upgrade/downgrade, or an explicit package change.
- Also available in the Me API. Read more here.
- New parameter introduced (
- PAP: Issue fixed where default/fallback receipt configurations could not be created.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the integration code for campaigns were not validated correctly.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the transition description would be incorrect for flex campaigns in the payment period overview.
- PAP: Issue fixed where Billecta E-invoice subscriptions could not be successfully created from PAP.
- PAP: Campaign payment periods with period type year are now possible.
- Payway API: Added a new parameter (
packaged_product_code) that can be used when querying for packages in Product API V3.
- Payway API: Added a new parameter (
packaged_product_code) that can be used when querying for campaigns in Product API V4.
- Payway API: New endpoint added, which will allow you to fetch field configurations for a given product. Read more here.
- Payway API: When querying for packages in Product API V2 and V3 and for campaigns in Product API V2, V3 and V4. These new fields are exposed:
- PAP: Added the functionality to be able to change the start date of a pending tulo provisioned subscription. Read more here.
- PAP: Added a direct link to the Tulo Engage Data platform from the customer overview, if applicable.
- PAP: Extended the functionality of campaign exports to Kayak, now exporting both created and updated campaigns.
- PAP: The billing address of orders have now been moved (and will be organically transitioned) to account payment profiles. Read more here.
- New orders that are created without a billing address will not allow billing address updates through payment profiles.
- Only applicable for those with account payment profiles enabled. If you are interested in enabling payment profiles, contact our support.
- PAP: New switches for packages and campaigns to allow gift purchase and voucher purchase. Read more here
- Payment API: Gift vouchers can now be created in Me API and Accounts API