Release Notes for Payway 4.4¶
Target Audience: Users, Developers, Stakeholders
- PAP: Issue fixed where the images on Titles could not be added separately.
- PAP: Issue fixed where titles on Adyen payment configurations could not be removed.
- PAP: Issue fixed where a free subscription could not be provisioned to a customer if only one title were set up.
- PAP: Issue fixed where some title code lists were not sorted alphabetically.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the next billing period would still send an invoice, if the subscription was not terminated before billing date.
- PAP: Issue fixed where invoice would be attested twice.
- PAP: Issue fixed where Adyen and Billecta payment periods could not be created if they were pre-selected when entering the view.
- Payway API: The pre_validate_purchase endpoint now considers base package -> campaign and campaign -> base package relations when deciding if a purchase should be allowed or not.
- Payway / Klarna Payments API: Issue fixed where the merchant reference would not be included in the order.
- PAP: Free subscriptions can now have their valid to changed in the subscription overview.
- PAP: Package/subscription changes no longer possible, if it would result in the subscription landing on another Adyen Merchant Account.
- PAP: Added a direct link to Engage BI from the Statistics page, if applicable (as the PAP Statistics page will soon be deprecated).
- PAP: New subscriptions made using Billecta with a future start date no longer starts billing before the set start date.
- PCP: Orders made using Billecta with a future start date no longer starts billing before the set start date.
- Payway API: The change_product endpoint now supports using a custom period id to specify exactly where the customer will "land" on the target package.
- PAP: Added feature to be able to generate a new and random password to a customer. Read more here.
- Payway API: New endpoint added to be able to fetch current package changes and downgrades on a subscription. Read more here.
- PAP: Issue fixed where triggering a downgrade- or change request, then triggering it again, would only change the target package and not the target period.
- PAP: Issue fixed where packages only containing free payment periods would not show up when starting a subscription on behalf of a customer.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the campaign purchase rule edit view would timeout if "too many" packages and/or campaigns were set up.
- PCP: Issue fixed where a given returnUrl would not be saved if a customer goes through the process of changing their password.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the 3DS2 stage in the Adyen purchase flow would sometimes restrict the window size too much, causing a bad user experience.
- PAP: Titles can no longer be removed, since they have now started serving too much of an important role.
- PAP: Swapped the "Alias" column to "Company name" instead in the customer search view.
- PARP: Adyen drop-in component updated to v4.4.0.
- Allows support for client key and allowed origins.
- Allows multiple host names to be connected to the same API user in the Adyen control panel.
- PAP & PCP: Added Flex Campaigns.
- As an administrator, you can now select "Recurring flex" when deciding how a campaign should continue. This will allow you to either select another campaign (based on the same base package), alternatively have the customer continue to the base package of the campaign, with a period of your choice. The period must have the same payment method, but can be of any length. Read more here.
- As a customer, you will be able to identify a Flex campaign by the price string next to the Campaign price, as this will reveal exactly what happens once the current and any future campaign(s) come to an end.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the following day could not be selected when re-running export payment errors, if the export error was still less than 24 hours old.
- PAP: Pie chart and subscription period info replaced with link to invoice periods when viewing a invoice subscription.
- PAP: Removing payment methods under an Adyen payment configuration no longer possible, as this causes misleading information in some lists where this information is later used.
- PAP: Added information about which payment is being credited (if at all) in the Payment details view.
- PCP: Characters '<' and '>' no longer allowed in passwords as this caused problems in client-side validation.
- PCP: Extended support for SEPA-payments with Adyen.
- PAP: Added a Receipt page accessible via the payments list view under each order, which will allow you to see the same receipt info that the customer is seeing. Note that payments not handled by Tulo will not have a generated receipt.
- PAP: Added the possibility to start subscriptions on behalf of a customer with other payment methods than Billecta. Now supporting: Billecta, invoice, free, and autogiro periods.
- PAP: Added the possibility to start subscriptions on behalf of a customer, with a future start date.
- PAP: Added the possibility to assign external ID's to an account via the Payway API.
- PAP: Added a list-view over all assigned external ID's under the customer view.
- Payway API: Added a new endpoint to place adyen card verifications.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the "Change package" function for a customer would timeout if there are a lot of packages. Now prompting a title from the user, which is used to filter results.
- PAP: Issue fixed where retention campaign transitions would result in duplicate subscriptions in Kayak.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the paper-product toggle could not be changed on products.
- PCP: Issue fixed where automatic marketing permissions would not be set on an account in the activation flow.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where our create_session endpoint for Klarna Payments did not work as expected if a period id was included in the request.
- PAP: Added support to be able to set company address fields when creating a subscription on behalf of a customer.
- PAP: Added a button/link to be able to view invoice periods under the Order view.
- PAP & PCP: Contact emails previously had validation preventing them from beginning with an underscore, which is now removed.
- Payway API: update_account endpoint updated to support company_name.
- PAP: Order details view now indicating if the order has a pending or active agreement reference (applicable to Adyen only).
- PAP: Added a column-sort functionality to the Subscriptions page on the customer view.
- PCP: Now limiting the amount of input fields when sharing a subscription to 5, with "Add more" buttons added below.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the "Start subscription"-flow (on behalf of a customer) would not work as expected, if a package and/or period was not selected.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the "Show invoice periods" button would not always work as expected.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the account registration flow would not work as expected for organisations using SSO v1.
- PAP & PCP: Issue fixed where our events and emails were sometimes delayed.
- PCP: Added two new events to the retention campaign flow:
- Payway API: Introduced a new external me retention API with the following endpoints:
- Payway API: Introduced a new endpoint, which will allow you to update a user account using a "raw" address, instead of having to parse it on your own. Read more here.
- PAP: Added a button to display company fields while creating a new account in PAP (previously only available in our purchase flow under company packages).
- PAP: Added the possibility to change the current package of a customer, without considering it as a upgrade/downgrade.
- PAP: Can now change the address of a subscription, regardless of the product type (digital or physical).
- Payway API: Added the possibility to change renewal date for pending subscriptions. Read more here.
- PAP: Added the possibility to remove uploaded images for titles, marketplace, marketplace groups, landingpage and landingpage groups.
- PAP: Added the possibility to search for API users using their Client ID under the Security tab.
- PCP: General changes & tweaks to the layout of the retention campaign flow.
- PCP: Added more specific messages for each activation method in the activation flow.
- PCP: Added an eye-icon to the login page to show the password in plain text instead of being masked.
- PAP: Issue fixed where "unset" would come in as a string-value to some user accounts.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the error message for missing title codes in the payment configuration would be too generic.
- PAP: Issue fixed where selected title codes would be emptied out if an error occurred while saving a payment configuration.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the page would simply reload and confuse the user if no payment methods were found while creating an Adyen payment configuration.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the "See all messages" under export errors would not perform as expected.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the "Change package" action would timeout if the organisation has a large quantity of packages.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the button shown after activating an account would contain a broken link.
- PAP: Button added to be able to synchronize subscriptions towards integration systems without subscription sharings being deleted.
- PCP: Added new confirmation page for accepting a retention campaign offer.
PAP & PCP: Added support for Company Packages. You can now go to the field configuration under each package and enable "Company Package", which will allow customers to enter the following information.
- Company Reference
- Company Department
- Company VAT Number
The fields are not exported to any subscription system. If you are interested in knowing more about these fields, contact support.
- PAP: Added support to be able to export package_change_completed events to Kayak (used in retention campaigns).
- PAP: Added support to be able to send emails related to the package_change_completed event (used in retention campaigns).
- PAP: Now publishing an account_changed event if account details are updated after a Klarna Payment purchase.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the "Show all" button on export errors did not perform as expected.
- PAP: Issue fixed where new accounts could not be registered if no active user agreements existed.
- PAP: Issue fixed where package change-events would report as being done by the customer, when customer service were the one performing the change.
- PAP: Issue fixed where orders with partial payments would export an incorrect total price for the subscription.
- PAP: Issue fixed where multiple payment requests at once would result in a failing account overview.
- PAP: Issue fixed where a package upgrade without an integration code would still attempt to send itself to Kayak.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the account_subscriptions_updated event data would not include cancelled (but still valid) subscriptions.
- PCP: Issue fixed where we would still inform the user of a package change, even if the subscription has been cancelled.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where fetching campaigns with transition periods would include periods with inactive payment methods.
- PCP: Invoice payment status in payment history now removed since this status can not be ensured.
- PCP: Update credit card for Klarna payments now shows a help text instead of a link, since Klarna payments does not allow us to update credit card details.
- PAP: Issue fixed where received package sharings did not display in the customer overview.
- PAP: Issue fixed where the customer overview timed out due to a unnecessarily large package sharing query.
- PAP: Issue fixed where package downgrades did not work for limited payments.
- PAP: Issue fixed where no error message was shown when an account failed to be created.
- PAP: Issue fixed where a SSN could not be saved in the format YYYYMMDD-XXXX.
- PAP: Issue fixed where retention campaign staircases could not be deleted.
- PCP: Issue fixed where change password did not work due to an invalid redirect.
- PCP: Issue fixed where a subscription could not be cancelled if no cancellation reasons were set up.
- PCP: Issues fixed where no error message were shown on failed SSO2 login in the PPF.
- PCP: Issue fixed where the image of the package did not show in the retention campaign offer.
- Payway API: Issue fixed where the incorrect id was returned in the response Distribution
- PAP: Order validation with age restrictions are now also available on campaigns, read more here
- PCP: Order validation with age restrictions are now also validated on unregistered customers.
- PAP: Start a free subscription for a customer.
- PAP: Added column for paper product on product overview.
- PAP: Messages overview limited to 100 messages with added button to view all messages.
- PAP: Export errors overview limited to 100 messages with added button to view all errors.
- PAP: Added purchase origin to account history log to differentiate an API purchase from a PPF purchase.
- PCP: Subscription end date is only shown for tulo provisioned subscriptions.
- PAP: Fixed issue where wrong number of unhandled messages where shown in menu.
- PAP: Fixed issue with double orders where created when selecting future start date.
- PAP: Fixed issue where ended subscription with future startdate was displayed as active.
- PAP: Fixed issue where Payment details return button did not link to the previous page.
- PCP: Fixed issue where duplicate receipts tried to be created for some Adyen payments.
- PAP: Fixed issue in Order validation where the fallback package could be the same as the original package.
- PAP: Fixed issue where gift campaigns could be selected in retention campaigns.
- PAP: Fixed issue where ended Kayak provisioned subscriptions had a wrong valid to.
- Added support for Adyen Realtime Account Updater. Read more here
- PAP: Package additional actions are now grouped into a dropdown menu.
- PAP: User account can be inactivated or activated.
- PCP: Creditcard without masked number and expiration date can now be updated with Adyen.
- PAP: Upgrade or downgrade a subscription.
- Order validation
- Support for age restrictions, read more here
- PAP: Create order validation criteria
- PCP: Customers presented with a warning and offered an alternative package if age does not meet requirements.
- Payway API: New API Order validation
- Retention campaigns
- PAP: Creation and editing of retention campaigns for a package.
- PCP: Customer offered retention campaign on cancellation.
- Read more about retention campaigns here
- PAP: Include product name in product dropdowns.
- Extended documentation with
- PARP: Adyen bank 3DS verification uses all available space for rendering 3DS challenge.
- Subscription sharings are transferred to the new subscription upon upgrade.
- Kayak integration: Issue fixed with shorter timeouts for critical Kayak endpoints.
- Recurring subscriptions: Issue fixed with Klarna Payments address parsing.
- Recurring subscriptions: Issue fixed where subscriptions with deprecated payment method providers would be retried using APR.
- PCP: Issue fixed with error page on change password.
- PCP: Issue fixed with the Give gift purchase flow.
- PCP: Issue fixed where visibly active payment method was not the selected one when customer pressed back button.
- PCP: Issue fixed where nonactive subscriptions credit card info could not be updated.